Sunday 20 May 2012

Me-Made-May '12: Week Three Round-up

I'm going to apologize because I have been horribly bad at documenting my MMM outfits this week. It has been a busy week. But were there are no photos I tried to link to the original clothing blog post.


Sunday, May 13th: Mother's Day!

Daytime: Busy in the kitchen making Mama R lunch. On the menu: Eggplant Parmesan and Jicama Slaw. Then we hopped in the car and did the same thing half of the people of Winnipeg did with their Mom, we went to Costco.
Evening:  I spent the evening working on Simplicity 2398 bodice front, bodice back lining and pressing.

Black Pants:  Liz Claiborne, shortened to knee length
Glasses:  DKNY
Shoes: Mephisto


Monday, May 14th: It is going to be a hot one, +29 C and windy. I had a different outfit in mind but the wind factor made me reach for a straight skirt.  

Daytime:  Workday.
Evening:  Seeking comfort in an air-conditioned oasis, this means hanging out at the sewing table. I spent the evening working on Simplicity 2398 sewing the bodice front to skirt front, front to back at side seams and ties.

Black Skirt:  Refashioned Pants to Skirt
Blouse:  Anne Klein, Vogue 2789
Glasses:  DKNY
My Oh So Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
Outdoor Shoes:  Mephisto
Indoor Shoes:  Calvin Klein

Tuesday, May 15th.  The weather certainly cooled off today! My Me-Made outfit was not for work but rather for lounging around the house this evening and bed.

Daytime:  Workday.
Evening:  Working on Simplicity 2398.

Tunic:  Simplicity 2289
the fabric is a double faced fabric that has a knit on one side and fleece on the other. Cozy on chilly days/nights.  
Pink Betty Boop bottoms:  Gift.  

Wednesday, May 16th.

Daytime:  Workday.
Evening:  Working on Simplicity 2398. 

Dress:  Vintage Vogue 1043
Glasses:  DKNY
Silver Brooch:  Part of a different outfit.
My Oh So Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
Shoes:  Local

Thursday, May 17th.  It was "colour day" at work. The kids at the school don't have to wear their school uniform and the staff is allowed to wear jeans or any other comfortable clothing.

Daytime:  Workday.
Evening:  Big plans, early to bed since the alarm clock will be ringing at 5:30 a.m., tomorrow's workday starts at 7:00...

White Skirt:  Vintage Vogue 2885
Green Polka Dot Top:  Burda 7489
Glasses:  DKNY
My Oh So Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
Shoes:  Mephisto 
(I prefer to call it "comfortable day" at work, it is the only day that I'm allowed to wear my idea of appropriate for working with kids comfortable shoes)

Friday, May 18th.  It was suppose to rain today, during the day. It didn't happen until the late evening.

Daytime:  Workday.
Evening:  Loitering at the mall.


Brown Pants:  Style & Co.
Silk Tunic:  Vogue 8733
Glasses:  DKNY
My Oh So Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
Green and Brown Shoes:  Mephisto All-Rounders

After working the before-school program and morning in a school that had the heat on, yeah.  No one clued in until the 9:00. I was feeling gross and drenched in sweat.  Needless to say, I came home at lunchtime to change my clothes:  

Grey Cotton Skirt:  Liz Claiborne
Shirt:  Anne Klien, Vogue 2789
Glasses:  DKNY
My Oh So Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
Outdoor Shoes:  Mephisto
Indoor Work Shoes:  Local

Saturday, May 19th.  A rainy chilly day.

Daytime:  Running errands, working on Simplicity 2398, visiting with the whole family who came over for the fitting and stayed into the evening.
Evening:  Nothing, tired and stuffed up. I'm allergic to cats and my niece and her family have six cats! Needless to say, it is rough hanging out with peeps that bring cats' dander into my world. It was an evening of allergic consequences.   

Knit Dress:  Vogue 1234
Wedge-heeled Rubber Boots:  Cougar
Denim Jacket:  Buffalo Jeans 

Sunday, May 20th.  Still a little cool, but boy do we have sunshine!

Daytime:  Church, grocery shopping, coffee with a friend.
Evening:  Movie night, Surviving Progress

Red and White Cotton Skirt:  Vintage Vogue 2885
White Shirt:  DKNY
Shoes:  Mephisto

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...