Sunday, 6 May 2012

Me-Made-May '12: Week One Round-up

May Day! Tuesday, May 1st.  I started off Me-Made May '12 trying to shake a horrible cold-gone-bad that knocked me off my feet.

White Terry Robe:  Simplicity 7417  
Socks:  SmartWool, best gift ever!
Betty Boop PJ bottoms:  Gift
Skechers Tee-shirt:  Gift



Wednesday, May 2nd.  Yes, I did. I wore the same thing two days in a row.  I did change things up and change my tee-shirt and socks.  

White Terry Robe:  Simplicity 7417
Betty Boop PJ bottoms:  Gift
Leonard Cohen Tee-shirt:  Gift
Socks:  SmartWool, again, best gift ever!

  

Thursday, May 3rd.  


Daytime:  Back to work on a rainy, chilly May morning. It didn't end up raining the whole day as predicted and by the end of the day I felt somewhat over-dressed.  


Dress:  Vogue 7794 
Plaid Tights:  Sarah Borghi
Glasses:  DKNY
Watch:  Mio 
My Oh-So-Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
 Shoes:  Josef  Seibel 


Evening:  Stayed-in and got rid of my oh-so-sexy knee braces and tights. I was able to fit in a wee bit of sewing before entertaining the neighbour's kids who unexpectedly dropped over with their folks for a visit.  


 Friday, May 4th. 


Daytime:  Working at the school.  I wore my new tee-shirt because it had pockets to hold pennies.  


Yes, pennies.  Today was the last day that the Royal Canadian Mint was producing pennies.  So I shared this piece of trivia with the students and offered them a penny if they expressed how they felt about the penny's demise.  "A penny for their thoughts." 


The pocket for the tee-shirt was perfect, I thought. But the weight of the pennies threatened to drag the neckline down over my shoulder.  So I looked for a cup to hold my pennies.  


Black Skirt:  Refashion pants to skirt project
Melon Tee-shirt:  Butterick 5679
Glasses:  DKNY
My Oh-So-Sexy Knee Braces:  Ossur
Black Shoes:  Groundhog (shown here

Evening:  Stayed-in with a good book, Mordecai Richler's On Snooker: The Game and the Characters Who Play It, and my sweater blanket.  Evening Cocktail:  Gin Caesar, hold the celery and the gin (stupid antibiotics for this stupid sinus infection).  

Saturday, May 5th.  Cloudy, rainy Saturday.  


Daytime:  Running errands, shopping, eating, drinking coffee, resume/cover letter writing and reading newspapers... 
Evening:  Cutting out the next sewing project and drinking Chai lattes.  


I was bad, I wasn't feeling the Me-Made-May vibe today. I briefly tried on the denim Burda skirt but I wasn't feeling it.  So I changed. Sorry. I didn't even get a picture.  


Black Skirt:  Refashion pants to skirt project 
(see Friday's skirt)
Red silk print top:  Jones New York
Jean jacket:  Buffalo Jeans 
Shoes:  Mephisto


Sunday, May 6th.  Woke up to a cloudy sky but the sun came out trying to tease me outdoors.  

Daytime:  Housecleaning, laundry, cutting and marking the next sewing project, finished reading the weekend editions of the newspapers.















Evening:  More laundry, television watching, blogging and tidying up the sewing area.

Dress:  Vogue 1234 
(the most comfortable dress in my closet)
Glasses:  DKNY
Braclet:  Vintage Rafael








2 comments:

  1. I love your dresses! How did I miss taht first Vogue- it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I had that first Vogue pattern for a few years before I made it.

      Delete

In Sewing News Today...

Does it seem odd that it's late July and Vogue Patterns hasn't yet released any fall patterns? Carlos has posted some videos from t...