Wednesday 18 April 2012

Call me crazy

You can call me crazy but I'm trying out Burda Style 7215. Don't get me wrong, I adore this skirt pattern. It is just that it is a pattern for a semi-fitted skirt and fitted skirts and I don't always work well.  So sew I have my fingers crossed that it will work on me.

I am using a light-weight striped denim that I found in the sale bin for dirt cheap. If it doesn't work I can live with that [fingers still crossed].

I did some adjusting when cutting out the pattern though.

I was worried how it tapered towards the hemline sew I added some additional width at the bottom of the skirt and eliminated the back slit.

Next, I played around with the length because I'm looking for a skirt that is below the knee.

I have this put aside as an afternoon sewing project for this weekend. If it works as well as I hope [fingers still crossed] I have some striped silk for another version.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...