Sunday 11 September 2011

So much to sew (Part II)...

No sewing this weekend. I had to pack up the sewing machines and make room for a family gathering. Until sewing life returns to normal, here's a peak into my sewing drawer, some new stuff added, some to-do you've seen before. But these are taken with my new camera which I'm thrilled is picking up the detail in the fabric better than my old camera and iphone had in the past. Anyway, it is the revised list. 

Project #1:

Vogue 8577 lined and front buttoned dress. It is cut out in a silk/cotton green and red plaid.















Project #2:  

Vogue 8709, jacket. I really like the fit of this jacket, to me it actually feels like a shirt. The fabric is in an evergreen cotton sateen stretch.














Project #3:  

Butterick 5561 top. I can't explain why this top is still sitting in my sewing drawer unfinished. It is a super-easy top to sew and it should be hanging in my closet.

Maybe, because it has been just too hot to wear polyester, even if it is lightweight and short sleeved?









Project #4:  

Vogue 8534, top. This is another top that should have been finished by now! I have it cut out in a 100% cotton knit, and it would be perfect for work.













Project #5:

Everyone needs a black skirt in their wardrobe, right? I have Simplicity 4044, for this job. It is a reproduction of a 1940's skirt, jacket, and pants pattern.













Project #6:
  
Vintage Vogue 2787, dress. The fabric is 100% polyester and I love the print.















Project #7:

Another Vintage Vogue pattern, V8728, dress. I have this cut out in a green stretch velvet.

I think this will call for a black patent skinny belt.












Project #8:

This is a 1950s reproduction from Simplicity patterns, Simplicity 3673, jumper.

The fabric is a red polyester.













Project #9:

Vogue 1263 jacket has a lot of darts! I have it cut out in a deep purple boiled wool. I think that this one will be one of the first projects from this list that I would like to tackle.













Project #10:  

When I saw this pattern, Vogue 8752 jacket, it screamed leopard print!

I've had a corduroy leopard print fabric in my stash for quite some time now and it is finally nice to have a pattern that seems to be made for it.

It's lined and lots of pockets, I think I'm going to love it.








Project #11:

Okay, I think this is the pattern that should really jump the que.  Since it is cut for a little baby boy about two weeks old. I better get busy!














Project #12:

The winter coat muslin is finally cut out! 

Still a little bit scared about this project, but I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up the new issue of Threads to discover an article about sewing coats. 

It must be a sign to get over my fear and just get to work.  

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed! I can't believe that you have 12 projects lined up - with patterns and fabrics all picked out. And I love every one of them!! A lucky baby boy is going to have a very cute outfit soon!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...