Sunday 4 September 2011

Found!

I thought my sewing bins of fabric were organized but apparently not. It took me awhile to find what I was looking for, must label the bins with more detail.

I was searching for some leopard print fabric. I'm inspired by all the animal print that is out there. Leopard print belts, leopard print shoes, leopard print cat suits...

{Source}
Don't worry, I'm kidding about the leopard print cat suit. I was just checking if you were awake.




I think, I'm ready to jump on the leopard look with my own version of a leopard print garment.

Now were is it?

Here it is!

About four metres of leopard print corduroy. Isn't it lovely?

Yup, I did say corduroy.

I bought it years ago when Fanny Fabrics closed down in Winnipeg. ~sigh~ So many fabric stores closing down in this city. But that is another blog post.


The fabric is pre-shrunk and ready to go and I have got my hands on the Marcy Tilton jacket pattern, Vogue 8752 that I would like to use.

But there will be left over fabric. What else should I make?  A cap, perhaps?

Shelleyj from New Vintage Lady has a super cute 1940s style beret pattern up on her etsy shop.

What do you think?  Any suggestions?







No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...