Saturday 4 June 2011

Fashionably safe...

Has back pain ever stopped you from sewing?

I've had a non-productive sewing week.  I was dealing with back pain after some sewing last the weekend.

I'll admit I not the most fashionably safe sewer.

I work at a make-shift cutting table (a plastic folding table) that is nowhere near the proper recommended height for a cutting table.  And I sit at an old kitchen chair that has no back support or height adjustment.  And there's all that twisting and turning out of the seats to move to the sewing machine, ironing board, and serger.

No wonder I'm paying for it now!  It has been a rough week of meds, chiro and massage appointments to get me moving again.

But I'm not blogging about this for sympathy.  It is more a cautionary tale that I hope others can benefit from.

Home and Family Resource have a wonderful link on safety in the sewing room.  Sewing.org also has some wonderful suggestions for healthy sewing.

How about you, do you have any safe sewing tips you would like to share?  I would love to hear them.

Remember to be fashionably safe, so sew we can all be fashionably fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

March in Review

Happy Easter! Photo from the 2024 Easter Parade in NYC { Photo Credit :  Joanna Moriello, New York Daily News} This is a scene outside St. P...